Have questions on how to enjoy a virtual festival?
How To Fest
Basics/How to Watch
HOW DO I PLAY THE SCREENING ON MY TV?
If you have an Apple TV, Chromecast (3rd gen or later), or a smart TV enabled with AirPlay or Chromecast, set your computer, mobile device or browser to “AirPlay” or “cast” to the TV device. Unlock the program on Eventive Virtual, then set your player window to full-screen using the icon at the lower right.
See our detailed instructions for our dedicated Apple TV and Roku apps below.
Chromecast will work on select Android devices, see instructions above. Chromecast on iOS devices are not compatible with the Eventive platform.
Important note: Due to content protection restrictions, the Screen Mirroring feature on Smart TVs and other devices cannot be used. Many browsers built into Smart TVs and other devices will NOT allow protected content to play.
You can also directly connect a laptop or computer using an HDMI cable by doing the following:
- Make sure your computer is close enough to your Television for the HDMI cable to reach between them safely.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the HDMI input number it is being connected to.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your laptop’s HDMI out port
- Set the TV to the HDMI Input port that the computer is connected to using the source or display button on your TV remote.
- If your computer’s display does not automatically appear on your television screen, you may need to have the computer manually detect the display.
- Windows: Right-click on the desktop > Display Settings > Click Detect > Click the “Multiple displays” drop-down box and select “Duplicate these displays”) > Click Apply.
- Mac: Go to the Apple Menu > choose System Preferences > Choose the “Displays” panel > Hold down the “Option” key to show the “Detect Displays” button – note that it replaces the ‘Gather Windows’ button > Click on “Detect Displays” while holding down Option to use the function as intended.